Sunday, August 21, 2011

Twas the Night Before Kindergarten...

Luke starts Kindergarten tomorrow. And NO I am NOT ready! This is the hardest change thus far along my journey as a parent. Luke, however, couldn't be any more excited! Yes, that helps, but still doesn't make it a "happy thing" for me :(

So tonight, Luke picked out his first day clothes, got his bath, brushed his teeth, got his before bed glass of milk, and we sat on the couch and read this book. The school gave us this book at Orientation along with this little pack of tissues for the moms.



The story was sweet it talked about a mommy raccoon who kissed the palm of her baby's hand before his first day of school. That way, if he got sad at any time during the day, he could press his palm against his cheek and feel the love of his mom. Super sweet book. I kissed his palm and he kissed mine. I know I will probably be pressing my palm against my cheek more than he will with his, but that's ok. He knows how much I love him. He knows how much his Daddy loves him and he is gonna do great on his new journey through school.

After he fell asleep I packed his lunch, enclosed a note in his lunch box along with a Star Wars napkin and made sure all of his stuff was properly labeled.

Tomorrow my baby is going to Kindergarten...

No comments: