Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Brady Got A Big Boy Bed!

Last week for the first time, Brady started climbing out of his crib in the mornings when he would wake up. I may have said this before, but Brady is the teenager of our family. He likes his sleep, he likes his "me" time, he likes his bed- so it didn't surprise me that he was able to stay in his crib until he was practically three years old.

Once he learned how to climb out though- we took that as the green light to shut down that operation and move on to bigger and better things!

We went to Pearland Furniture (shout out for the local business!) and found him a decent twin size bed that matched the rest of his furniture so we went ahead and ordered it. It would take 4 days to come in though. That was fine with me because I wanted some transition time to get him used to the whole concept.

So, he slept on his mattress on the floor until last night when the bed finally came in.


Here's the mattress on the first night for him to be out of the crib.




Sweet little sleepy boy!




Over the weekend I decided to do some minor changes to his room...this is a little frame I created for him to clip his belonings on.




There's his big boy bed! Doesn't it look so grown up? I can't believe my baby is in his big boy bed already! He loves it though and that makes me happy!




I hope it brings him many nights of wonderful rest ;)



No comments: