Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Owen Daniel Allen is One Year Old!

Today our sweet Owen turned one year old! Kinda bittersweet if you ask me. Bitter because we no longer have a baby in the house and sweet because we no longer have a baby in the house. (if you know what I mean ;) I LOVE it when my kids turn one though. They are just a lot more fun because you can really start to see them learn and grow and shine. Owen's personality has always been the same, easy going for the most part, but now he is gaining more confidence and exploring his new found independence which is so much fun to watch.

Here's a look at how he has grown over the past year...






































To my precious Baby O,

Knowing that you are probably gonna be our last baby, I have tried to enjoy every one of your little milestones this year. Instead of rushing you to the next thing (which I may have done a little more with your brothers) I learned to slow down and take in every stage you were in as you were in it. Yes, the year still went by extremely too fast- but I know I will cherish all of the memories I have from your first year.


You're still as sweet as you have always been. I love your laid back personality and your patience with your big brothers. It's almost like you know how much they love you and know they would never intend to hurt you, even though some times they do hurt you :( You seem to somehow forgive them right away and go back to following them around.


Boy don't those guys love you so much! Both of them! I love seeing how proud they are of you. Just this week Luke ran in and said "Mom, Owen is in there laughing!" like it was the cutest thing he had ever seen. Thank you for being such a sweet little brother to them. You may not know this, but you have taught them so much. Luke can now change a diaper because of you. Brady knows to hurry as fast as he can to find a burp rag when he sees a baby spit up because of you. They know how to handle babies because of you.


Thanks for being you and thanks for your smiles, hugs, laughs, and even that precious little pout face you sometimes get. Daddy and I love you so much and are truly blessed to have you!

No comments: