Sunday, August 7, 2011

School Clothes

This year will be the first year Luke has had to wear a dress code to school, so we had to go do some shopping to make sure he is up to code for the first day of Kindergarten. The rules aren't to strict...plain, collared shirt, jeans, khakis, or navy pants or shorts and belt loop preferred. Alright.

So, I set aside a day that Luke and I could go by ourselves and spend some quality time together, because school shopping is FUN! Right? I always thought so growing up. I quickly learned one thing- it's not all that fun for little boys :( They want to get in and get out and they do NOT like trying on. I kept hearing these words come out of Luke's mouth at each store we went to "Can you just meet me in the toy section?"

So, we painfully got through all of his clothes shopping to get to our final stop- the shoe store! Now we are speaking his language. He had a type of shoe and color in mind and searched row by row to find these certain Baylor shoes. Sadly, these did not exist. Then he resorted to just trying to find some with green. No luck. Then he found some Ben 10 shoes. Sorry, but I am NOT going there. I have gotten this far without having to purchase any character tennis shoes and don't plan on getting some any time soon. God forgive me for telling him they didn't have his size :/

No luck finding the green shoes either, so after calling Daddy for him to explain how cool it would be to have Texans shoes he chose the red, white, and blue "Texans" shoes.


We got a polo in just about every color under the sun.



Khakis and jeans aren't quite as colorful, but at least we have options.



and then the Texans shoes! Still not Baylor shoes, but almost as good ;)


Luke & I had the BEST time together. I love having him all by himself from time to time. He was so polite to me. He held the doors for me and thanked me after each purchase. At the end of our trip he even said "Mom, I like it when it's just me and you". I had a great time and I think Luke did too...even if we were going school clothes shopping ;)


No comments: