Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's Official!!!

Today I had my 18 week appointment with the doctor. I had an appointment at 12 weeks and they told me then that they were pretty sure our new baby was a boy. At the appointment today, they confirmed it :)
We are pretty sure that our new baby will be named Griffin Wilson Allen. Caleb & the other boys LOVE the name Griffin and no matter what-  we are going to have the middle name as Wilson after Papa. So, that's how that is looking for the moment.

I hope the above picture isn't to personal for our little Griffin, but that pretty much says it all!

Caleb was able to go to my last appointment with me which initially told us he was a boy so since he just started his new job I told him it was totally fine for him to not take off today and go with me again. I did bring Luke with me though :) He has been so into our new baby lately that I thought he could really learn a lot from getting to see him on an ultrasound. It went great! He watched and listened the whole time and even had a few questions of his own. I hope he never forgets and I don't think he will.

As far as us having another boy- I really & truly could not be happier. At this point in life, I have come to realize that God does truly know best for me and our family. So, if he chooses to give us another boy- there must be a good reason. Not to mention the fact that my other three boys are nothing short of amazing in my sight. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about how lucky I am. They are everything I ever hoped for in little boys. I think they are pretty fond of me too :) Plus, Caleb is THE PERFECT boy dad hands down. He loves playing with them and teaching them. I don't just say that either- he really does. So adding one more little cutie to my mix is pure joy.

Needless to say we had a pretty cool day today getting to see Griffin again and finding out that he looks healthy up to this point. Thank you God for blessing our family.


No comments: