Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Change in Seasons

Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I love it because there is so much to look forward to! 
Our fall decorations have been out for a few weeks, but I have fought back the urge to make fall crafts until today. It was early release at Luke's school so I decided to plan something fun for the kids when he got home. Pinterest is loaded with cool crafts for kids and this is one I have liked for a while, but was waiting for the perfect time. 
It's nothing hard or complicated and doesn't take much time. I know it will be something I will always cherish because it has my kids fingerprints on it.

Luke and Brady started first while Owen was taking a nap, then Owen finished a few more branches when he woke up. I hope my boys never outgrow crafts.... A few little comments from Luke had me realizing he might be getting closer to that point though :(

Here's how our fall tree turned out. I can't wait to frame it and put it front and center on our mantle.

It has been a while since I got some posed pictures of the kids, so I took the opportunity to do that too! I guess I was on a roll today or something.
This is the Luke I know :) No fake smile this time. That is exactly what I see when he smiles. I love him so very much :)

This is a cute Brady smile too, the pose before this was a silly face, so that's why his little hands are so close to his mouth. Crazy boy! (notice, we are still in the jersey phase)

Last, but not least is my sweet little precious Owen. He was on the big boy swing today like a pro. Lately he has really started to fill out and get taller. He can also hold conversations now. Way too big :(

I also made our traditional batch of pumpkin rolls. We can't have fall around here without them. As I was making them I was thinking "I hope my kids remember things like this about being at home when they get bigger. You know? Maybe they will even say, 'When we were little our mom always made us pumpkin rolls in the fall'" That's just one of the many crazy thoughts I have from time to time. 

Anyway... when Luke saw that I was making these, he said "we always have these every fall, don't we mom?" Made my whole day. It's the little things.

Happy Fall!

No comments: