Monday, January 23, 2012

Brady's Learning Some Cool Things Lately...

Now that the holidays are over, Brady & I are starting to get back into our daily groove. We had paused our learning goals during Christmas break, but I am glad we are back at it now. It seems like a light bulb went off over the break and things we had been working on have really started to sink in.

Take a look at this....

This is Brady's first "B"! Isn't it wonderful! I was so proud to see that he got it! Truthfully, I thought it would still be a while before he did, but one day out of the blue he got it! Yay for B-ball!



I have found that this book has been one of the best learning tools for Brady. First, because reading is fun to him and this book is full of the letters of the alphabet.







He knows that this letter "starts his name"



and this letter "starts daddy's name"



this letter "starts mommy's name"



this letter was actually the first letter Brady ever learned. I think mainly because he was used to hearing Luke talk about it. anyway...this "starts bubbas name"



this one is easy...the letter O "starts owen's name" Oh, and the letter O is "like a circle" (see, I told you a light bulb went off ;)


I have wonderful resources when it comes to preschool and kindergarten teachers. They give me these cool tips like help him to learn the letters and recognize them in his family's name and then move on to his friend's names. So....


Brady's best friend at school is Gavin & this letter "starts gavin's name"

I am so excited to see Brady learn! It is one of the highlights of my job as his mom and lately I have really seen the importance of our work at home. Ultimately it is my job to make sure he knows the things he needs to know and I take great pride in being a teacher to my three sweet boys in all of their stages of learning.

No comments: