Monday, September 12, 2011

That Time Again...

Yep, its that time again. Time for well visits to the doctor. Brady just turned 3 & Owen just turned 1 so I thought it would be good to take them both together and kill two birds with one stone. I am still trying to decide if that was a good idea or not. We went today while Luke was in school- but the three of us who did go all left in tears...

Everything was going fine for the most part. Brady is pretty traumatized by the doctor due to the fact that the poor child has had 5 staph infections over the past three years which all ended with him being held down in the doctors office and the doctor draining them. misery. So, it takes ALOT of sweet talking to get the doctors to win him over. Dr. Onheiser is a really good doctor and does great with kids. He made friends with Brady right off the bat, so that helped some.

Brady is still very touchy though. Owen...friendly as can be ;)

So, the big fear in my little 3 year old's mind is of course, "I don't want to get a shot". Meaning, when the doctor says "Well, it looks like he is due for his Hep A vaccination" I start making a plan of how in the world we are gonna pull this off. What treat can I offer at the end to help ease the pain, etc... because seriously- no matter how hard you try, you can't convince a 3 year old that this shot they are about to receive is "good" for them and is gonna keep them from getting really sick. At least this is the experience I have had.

The nurse walks in and Brady starts freaking out. Meanwhile, Owen is walking around the room putting every single little thing he can find off the floor into his mouth. Being sure to leave that office with as many germs as he can possibly find. lovely. I can't worry about that right now though- I have to hold Brady down so they can give him his shot.

That was over- then it was Owen's turn. Not sure what's worse...the child who knows whats coming and is totally freaking out or the sweet little one who has no clue what's about to hit him. First shot, and Brady starts running around the room screaming "Don't hurt Owen!" FRANTICALLY. I am not sure if I will ever get that picture out of my mind. Then I start crying while I am trying to hold Owen down. Poor Owen did the best of all three of us and he got the most shots.

Anyway! Long story for a very long day!

We went straight to Sonic for a slushy then went to Lowes to look at the mowers and Brady was instantly better :)

Here are their stats in this stage of the game:

Brady Allen- age 3
35 lbs
40.25 inches tall

Owen Allen- age 1
21.5 lbs
31 inches tall

No comments: