Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Fall Ya'll!

Last week Caleb was out of town all week. So, to pass the time I got out all of my fall decorations and went to town. For the past year, I have been trying to think of new ways to decorate with all of my old things by just changing the way I am used to seeing them. It has worked really well for me because it seems like I have new stuff but I don't!

As I was putting all of my fall things out I realized that just about all of it has a special meaning to me or reminds me of something or someone.

This bowl of pumpkins reminds me of Mamaw. She was in town when I got these and I remember her asking where I got them so she could go get some, so that's why I always think of her when I see these. They have relocated from their normal spot in the kitchen window to the coffee table.



This is my new fall mantle. The mustard hydrangias in the bucket remind me of my sister in law Erin. I always think of her when I see the color mustard, plus I think she has an arrangement similar to this one.



This fall berry garland reminds me of my friend Charlene. I got this one Saturday morning a long time ago when we went garage saling.



These pumpkins remind me of my friend Jodi. I got these at a garage sale one day when I was with her.



Like my new blocks? I have been wanting these forever and finally found a lady that makes them. Awesome awesome!



This twig pumpkin reminds me of Waco. I think because I got this when Caleb and I first got married and lived in Waco. It even still smells like our house there.




Last but definately not least. These are my favorite fall decorations. My kid's handprint turkey plates. They both had the same two year old teacher and they made these in her class. I will cherish these forever and I really hope Owen makes me one too.


Some of my favorite fall memories are:

-my Mimi and her famous turkey and stuffing

-my neighbor Jeanie who lived across the street from us and her really fun Halloween parties

-the Thanksgiving I spent in Boston with my aunts Leslie & Leigh and their families

-Luke's first trip to the pumpkin patch when he was 6 months old. He was the cutest lion ever!

-the sound of a football game in the background while I am making pumpkin rolls.

-fresh pot of mums on the front porch

No comments: