Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A First For Luke...

Last school year, Luke became really good friends with a friend from school named William (I've posted pics of the two of them togther before). William was Luke's first friend all on his own. Meaning- not someone who we were family friends with that just so happened to have a child his age- if you know what I mean. I must say, Luke did a really good job picking such a sweet friend. William comes from a really sweet Christian family who has a lot of the same perspectives as we do.
Anyway...today Luke was invited to go play over at William's house. This is the first time for him to go to a friend's house whom I don't know personally and he went without me. So, after I conducted a full background screen on William's family (joking) I agreed for him to go. He was itchin' in his britches for a week until it was finally time and today was the day!
Even though I know it's healthy for kids to go play at one another's house- it is yet another sign of the beginning of a new chapter in Luke's life and I am so excited for him.

No comments: