Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day 2011

I was one of the lucky people that got to have two dads in my life. My parents got a divorce when I was three and my mom remarried when I was five. I don't have a dad and a stepdad though, I literally have two dads. I don't ever refer to my "stepdad" as such. He has been everything to me that a real dad is, so that "stepdad" stuff just doesn't fit him at all.



Friday night Caleb & I went to eat with my dad, my sister Taylor, and some other friends to celebrate Father's Day. We had a nice time together and I am really glad we got to go.


Then Saturday, we went to my Aunt Theresa & Uncle Mike's house for a fish fry and round two of Father's Day celebration. My cousins and grandparents were there too.

God also blessed me with an amazing husband who is such an awesome dad to the boys. I have said it before, but really...he's awesome! Why? He is such a hands on kind of dad. Every single day when he gets home, he comes in the door, changes his clothes, and him and all three boys wrestle on my bed (one of the reasons why I stopped making my bed every day). This happens EVERY SINGLE DAY. Not to mention all of the other cool stuff he does with them. They really don't come any better than him.

Caleb's first Father's Day with Owen :)
I made them match for the picture despite any opposition.





and there he is with all of the boys. Thank you Caleb for being such a wonderful father to our boys. You are a man after God's own heart.


After our Father's Day lunch with Caleb- Luke, Brady, and I left to go to Sea World. Caleb and Owen stayed home and went to dinner with Papi to celebrate Father's Day. Sadly, I don't have any pictures from their dinner :(


I can't end my Father's Day post without saying something about Papi though...he is Caleb's dad and a HUGE reason why Caleb is the kind of dad that he is. Thank you Papi for raising such a wonderful man for us to call Daddy in our house.

No comments: