Monday, April 13, 2009

Birthday Dinner

We finished off Luke's actual birth day with a birthday dinner at Grammy & Papa's house. Luke requested pizza for his dinner...


Another thing he wanted to do today, was ride the swing in Grammy & Papa's backyard, so that's what he did! He didn't even want to get off to open presents. He loves this swing so much- the higher the better.


Here he is blowing out the candles on his cookie cake. Now you see why I usually get someone to make birthday cakes for me. I am not the best baker in the world...


As we were driving home I started to get really sad that Luke's birthday is almost over. This has been the most fun birthday yet. Why? Because he has waited for this day for SO LONG! He has been asking when his birthday is since before Christmas. I let him do some special things today like lick the icing off the spoon, watch Incredibles (his favorite movie), listen to his favorite songs in the car, and stay up late. It has been a really fun day.
To top it all off, Luke thanked me on the way home for making his cake and cupcakes for school tomorrow. It was so sweet! I guess it's not completely over- we still have his party on Saturday!

No comments: