Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cry Out Method makes me cry!

Yesterday when we went to the doctor, he suggested that we may want to start letting Brady get to sleep on his own for naps and night. So, I tried the cry out method this morning. I am not really sure how it went... Brady hated it. He screamed the loudest I have ever heard him scream even though I was right there comforting him. He did finally go to sleep, but not without a fight.
It is a really really hard thing to do- after a few days it works though, and then you never have to do it again! I just have to keep telling myself that.
I am also hoping this may help eliminate his new habit (yes it is a habit) of waking up in the middle of the night. I think that if he will learn to get himself back to sleep it will be easier in the middle of the night too. Wish us luck for the next few days.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

oh- I hate letting them cry! BUT- you are right, it is better in the long run!

Amy said...

ANG' - we got the same advice yesterday and we started 'cry it out' last night, poor baby....this morning he woke with a raspy voice. I feel horrible, he just went to bed and sounds like he smoked a pack of cigarettes...she said it could last about a week...oh great.