Monday, April 1, 2013

It's Time!!!

On February 6, 2013 we welcomed our sweet little Griffin! Our friend and photographer, Ginny, was there to capture some cool pictures of his birth. Here's how the store goes...

I had a pretty good idea that this would be the day. My doctor had told me that if I had ANY contractions at all I was to go to the hospital. Due the the fact that this was my 4th c-section there are certain dangers from having contractions. Wednesday morning I got everyone off to school and had been having contractions. I went about my normal day trying to get as much done as I could because I knew this would be my chance to get everyone settled before we would be in the hospital for a few days. Around lunch I headed in- I had to be on the monitor for a couple of hours so Dr. Morales could see what was going on to make a decision as to what we would do.
Above is a picture of me calling Caleb at work to tell him today would for sure be the day!

One last belly shot before we get to meet Griffin!

My mom made it to the hospital first while Caleb rushed home from Downtown. The nurse told us we would be headed to the operating room within 30 minutes.

Getting a little anxious... Hurry Caleb!!! (the rain that day probably didn't help his chances of making it to Clear Lake in a timely manner)

He made it! I felt so much better once he got there.


Here we are just before we went back.

 
The nurses had to wheel me back first then they would call Caleb within a few minutes to come in.

Surgery began and things went as smooth as possible. I am always a little nervous during this part, but the nurses and doctors did a great job helping me to feel more comfortable.

At 3:39 pm we had our baby boy!

Above is his very first picture.


Griffin with Dr. Morales. She has delivered all four of my babies.







I love this picture! That's Caleb holding his hand.




Daddy holding Griffin for the first time!
 
Shortly after Caleb met him, he brought him over to me. He was so sweet and looked so much like his brothers! I am always so happy when my kids are born looking like their brothers.

Sweet sweet baby!

Family and friends waited in the lobby to meet our baby and everyone agreed that he was as precious as could be. 

A few hours passed and we were taken into our hospital room where we would be staying. That night Luke and Brady came up to the hospital to meet him for the first time. Pics to follow...

No comments: