Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Brady is 4!!!

Brady,
Today you turned 4 years old! My precious little boy- you've been waiting for this day and counting down as best you could understand. At one point, three days ago, you said "Mommy! my birthday is in two years!!!!" You are still working on that concept- although you are at the age where you get super pumped about your birthday which I love so much.

At this stage of your life you are still as sweet as you've ever been. There are really no other words to describe you. You are so kind and tender-hearted. You melt my heart! Truly! Your favorite words right now are "awesome" "awesomer" "awesomest" and "not awesome". Not really sure where you picked that up, but that is basically how you describe most things.

As a little brother you still look up to Luke as your hero. He knows that too. You guys are best friends and I thank God every single day that you have each other. We recently moved you into a shared room which made both of you so happy- I wondered why we didn't do it sooner. Although Luke can sometimes be a typical big brother bully- you always handle him as best you can and keep your tattles to a minimum. I really think he can do no wrong in your eyes.

As a big brother to Owen, you are his protector and teacher. Not quite his playmate yet, but that's ok. I know that time will come. He is still at a different stage in life than you. Oftentimes we have to tell you to push him back if he pushes you because you are so gentle and loving towards him. God surely knew what he was doing when he made you a middle child because you handle it like a pro and you always have.

If you haven't already figured it out- I am pretty crazy about you :) You make me so very proud by your character which says a lot. I hope you stay as sweet as you are now and never change. Lately you have gotten closer to Daddy and have been spending more time doing man things with him. You're favorite thing to do with him is fish, but you seem happy to do almost anything he wants to do. Recently you made three baskets in a row on our basketball goal which made Daddy so proud. He hopes you will be our basketball player and said you have great form. We will see :)

I am so excited to see how you grow and mature this year as a four year old. Stay sweet and always remember how special you are to me.

I love you so very much,
Mom

No comments: