Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday- cooking day

We've tried to keep our Tuesday cooking day going this summer. It has been lots of fun and I am realizing how much the boys love to be a part of things that happen in the kitchen. Don't get me wrong, they are still very much into rough and tough boy stuff, but they like to cook too. 
They have learned a lot. (I am preparing them for their future wives) 
Anyway- today we made homemade poptarts.
I am not really a fan of poptarts for breakfast. They kinda seem like a dessert item to me, but I survived eating them as a kid. All that to say, my kids don't really get these very often so this was a treat.

Step One: Roll the dough and cut your squares.
 
Step Two: Spread your jelly
My kids felt the need to sneak in a lick or two as well.


Step Three: Paint on an egg wash around the corners
Step Four: Put a top on it and close it up
Step Five: Use a fork to seal the edges.

Brady's- a little more round and fluffy

Step Six: Egg wash and sprinkles on top
 
Luke's- long and flat- heavy on the fork closure

Mommy's- tried to look a little more like a traditional poptart

Step Seven: Bake on 425 degrees for 10 minutes

Yum yum yum!



No comments: