Tuesday, May 8, 2012

We've Expanded Our Family

Meet Bruiser Griffin Allen!

How did he get such a name? Well, if you know anything about my boys you know that they love the Baylor Bears, right? Well, Bruiser is the Baylor mascot and Griffin is after RGIII who was our awesome quarterback. Brady wanted to name him "Gwiffin" and Luke wanted to name him Bruiser so we compromised and went with a first, middle, and last name.

I have been thinking a turtle would be a good pet for our family and had been looking into different types of turtles and their care. My cousin Courtney had a friend who was giving their turtle away so she hooked us up! truth be told, Bruiser is actually a girl- but that is on the big time DL! The boys are all into the whole "girls are gross" thing right now, so we will just tiptoe around that topic.

After we got Bruiser, I found out that he has an abscess in his left ear- random, I know. So, I am not really sure how long he can go on with such an illness. He seems fine now though so we are just gonna do our best to care for him as is.

All three boys love him! Luke feeds him in the morning & Brady feeds him at night. He is super friendly and loves to get out of his tank and walk around the backyard. We are looking into new ways to enhance his habitat which is really cool. Once we get him all set up, I will take more pics.

No comments: