Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday Luke!

My how time does FLY! I know that statement is so oversaid, but lately I have seen it come true in my own world so much. Somehow, my little surprise baby turned five years old today. I could go on and on about how proud I am of him and the young man he has become, but I think you already know how I feel. Selfishly, I want to freeze his age and make him be this way forever. I don't want it to be time for kindergarten, I don't want him to gone every single day from 8:00-3:00- he needs to be here- at home with me! BUT, I have to remember the words my sweet cousin told me last year... "This is NOT MY JOURNEY- it's his". I have to keep reminding myself of that and learn to step back, chill out, and enjoy him at whatever stage of his journey he is in. He's so precious to me and I can't wait to see what all is in store for him along the way. Newborn One Two Three Four Five Years Old! Happy Birthday Bub!

1 comment:

Debbie Roberts said...

Wow!! You have some really SMART cousins! LOL

FIVE! Such a great Year. You will both have more fun then you can imagine. Enjoy each minute of it.