Thursday, February 3, 2011

I still have the craft bug...


Yep, I am still crafting up a storm. This week I have gotten a lot more done and still have some things I am still working on. I just finished up this little silhouette frame of the boys. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The cool thing is it looks just like their little profiles and it is something I will keep forever. Not to mention- super easy and cheap to make.


Then, this tray. I got the tray at my favorite junk store for $6 it had some "beautiful" ducks painted on it... All I did was cut pieces of this script scrapbook paper and modge podge it on there.


The above picture has THREE of my crafts in it. Can you guess what they are???
The curtains- I spray painted the stripes on just a plain white panel
The lamp shade- just recovered it with fabric and added the trim at the bottom. so easy. all i used was a glue gun. (dont look to close though :)
The "We can do hard things" sign- This is probably one of my favorite things I have made so far. Not because it is super cool or hard to do, but it really encourages me and I hope someday it will encourage the boys too.

It reminds me not to avoid doing things just because they are hard. Lots of times, being a mom is really hard! (rewarding, but still hard) BUT the cool thing is... I am doing it! And when I turn around and look back after getting through something hard, I feel so much more confident.
Even now, the boys face things that seem really hard to them. As their mom, it is my first instinct to "rescue" them and do it for them, but I can NOT do that for them. They have to learn that "We can do hard things".

Anyway- enough about that! I will post more pics later of the other stuff I am working on too.

No comments: