Friday, August 21, 2009

My Baby is ONE Today!


Believe it or not...Brady is one today!
Here's a little recap of how he spent his birthday...

Breakfast in bed...


Lunch at Chick Fil A!



Nap on the car ride home.


Park for some birthday pics after nap!
WOW! This year has gone by really fast in one way and slow in another. Here's how... I can't believe last year at this time he was just being born...on the other hand, I can't believe I have not slept through the night for a whole year! Yep, that's right, Brady still insists on waking up each night at all different times. The absolute latest he will wake up is 6:30am which is actually nice! I said I would never ever ever have a baby that woke up like this, but here I am. I am speechless!
Now on to the things I LOVE about this little guy:
He is SO friendly! He is always good for a smile. He wakes up happy and goes to bed happy. He will go to anybody and nobody is a stranger. I love that about him. I like to call him "Mr. Friendly"
He has learned how to do "Indian" which is super cute. He does it a lot. I think it's his favorite thing to do. His best trick!
He is a biter!!! YIKES. I don't think he bites to be mean though. I think he bites because his little teeth hurt. His crib is history! He has teeth marks all over it. I am hoping this is just a stage he is going through... we will see!
He is SO tough! I can not even begin to count the amount of times this little guy gets tossed around by his big brother each day. In his short time on earth he has already suffered a black eye, badly cut finger, cut chin and goose egg on his forehead. Not to mention the countless other "smaller" injuries! This guy has been through it all! Most of it at the hands of Luke. Even so, He sheds a few tears and goes on about his day.
He is a 100% momma's boy! I only thought Luke was a momma's boy until Brady. He gives momma's boy a new meaning. Not in a bad way, but a sweet way. He truly lights up when I come home from being away from him. What a little sweetheart he is.
Mr. Personality likes to get his way. If things don't go his way he throws his head back and arches his back. If he doesn't like something you are doing he will definitely let you know real quick!
His current vocabulary consists of Mama, Dadda, Bubba, and I think he may have said Uh Oh today but I am not sure yet.
He is officially a forward car seat rider too! We switched him around last week. He just laughed in his seat as soon as he realized what was going on. I have never seen anyone so happy to ride frontwards. He can now see where we are going instead of where we have been!
I can't end without mentioning his big brother Luke. Luke has had a year of changes and adjustments, but all in all has handled his little brother really well. He loves to play with him, even if he is a little more rough than he should be. He loves to hide from him and scare him. He loves to let Brady chase him. He misses him when he takes his nap. I can't wait to see their relationship grow.
Lastly, Brady still has his nickname "B-ball". Most of the time he answers to this even over his real name. Luke gave him this nickname soon after he was born and insisted that we call him this. I think it is extra cool for that reason!
Thank you B-ball for bringing such joy to all of our lives. We love you so much and are so proud of the way you have grown!
Stay posted for birthday party pictures coming soon!!!






2 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Brady! WE love you!

Summer said...

Happy Birthday Brady! Very cute pictures! Im glad you had a wonderful day!