Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer School- week one


This summer we have a few things I want to work on with Luke before he begins PreK-4. First things first..his name. He knows how to write his name, but instead of writing it all in a straight line he was stacking the "ke" under the "Lu". So, we have been working on that.


Here's the result! Very good! I think we mastered the first problem. While working on this, I noticed he was struggling a little writing his "k". I was trying to help him as much as possible and as best I knew, but really wasn't getting anywhere. So, I called one of my teacher friends! (I am blessed to have several teacher friends that teach all different grades!) She advised me to use sticks and let him form the letter first with the sticks, then try to write it.


We pulled out some toothpicks and got to work. Here is our first project using her method. I have a few more to do and hopefully before to long that silly "k" won't give him any more grief!

No comments: