Monday, March 22, 2010

My Sick Little Boy...

Is starting to feel a little better.
Last weekend was a rough weekend for Brady. He started off Saturday night with a low grade fever before bed. I gave him Tylenol and put him to sleep. Shortly after that he woke up with a temperature of 104.3. We gave him Motrin and a bath to try to get it down, but neither worked very well. After the advice of the on call doctor, I took him to the Emergency Room.
The ER determined that he had an ear infection and sent him home after helping to get his fever back down. The next morning his fever was back up again! This time 104.8. So, I repeated the things I had done the night before and got in touch with the doctor. I was told to bring him into the office first thing Monday morning so they could run some blood work on him to rule out any infection.
We did the blood work and it all came back clear. So, they determined that this is just a viral infection that we will have to wait out. YUCK! So, three days of high fever and we are waiting to see what tomorrow will bring. Thankfully, tonight he seems to be feeling a little better, but still not fever free.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I am glad he's doing better!
Poor little guy!