Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recipe

A few folks have asked for the recipe for the pie I posted yesterday. I can't take credit for it- I just found it in a book I had. It was pretty easy though. Here it is...

Easy Strawberry Pie

1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup water 1 (3ounce pkg) strawberry gelatin
2 cup fresh strawberries, cut up
1 baked 9 inch pie crust

Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan over low heat and cook until clear, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add the dry gelatin mix, stirring until dissolved. Cool until mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in the strawberries. Pour into the pie shell. Chill covered until firm. Garnish with whipped topping.

1 comment:

Nicki W. said...

it's a beautiful pie!!! i wish brent liked strawberries. i will have to make it for my friends for brunch!!!