Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So Confused!

I think Luke is starting to pick up on different time frames. We try to explain things like tomorrow, next week, last night, next year, etc. He tries to understand, but I don't think he is quite there yet.
For example...

Today after school (2:00pm)
Luke: "Mommy! Daddy is going to be home from work in two weeks!!!"
He was very excited that daddy would be home soon, but he didn't know that two weeks is a long time...

Most days after school, Luke's teacher will give him some candy for having a good day. Well, our rule is that you can't eat it until we get home and sit at the table. So, today he was sitting at the table finishing his candy and he ran in to the living room and said...
"Mommy! I am going to get more candy next year when I go to school! :)"

So funny- I can't help but laugh. It is so hard to explain though!

No comments: